Templates are used on pages to create a standard presentation or as a short-hand for complex markup. This page offers a gateway to general templates to be used for various purposes throughout Wikibooks.
All templates should be filed in sub-categories of Category:Templates:
- Book-specific templates should be placed in Category:Book-specific templates
- Cookbook templates should be placed in Category:Cookbook templates
- Book information
- Scope, level, etc.
- General formatting
- Books should cite sources where possible. Wikibooks has a number of templates that reference sources and simplify referring to them.
- There are a small number of templates to link to other books and our sister projects.
- Here you will find generic navigation templates, both for modules in a book, and sections on modules.
- This page lists license templates that comply with Wikibooks' media policy and templates for embedding media on pages.
- Lists links to media files
- Useful templates for maintaining books (quality notices, refactoring, etc)
- Licensing issues notices
- Notices and warnings for copyrights issues.
- Notices for deletion, and describing the discussion results.
- Stub sorting.
- User messages
- Welcome templates and other messages.
- User notices
- Conduct and content warnings.
- User pages
- User page contents. Copyright statements, userboxes and such.
- For use on talk pages, in the reading room, etc.
- Featured books
- Nomination, labeling, removal.
- Policies and guidelines
- Templates related to policies and guidelines
As an alternative to using this index, you can search the Template: namespace using the box below; this will search all templates, even ones not included here:
You can also search all the subpages of this page (Wikibooks:Templates) in the box below: